2014 Grant Application Process
Grant Application Timeline and Requirements
|April 3, 2013
||Submissions of Letters of Intent with supporting documents are accepted
|April 9, 2013||Information Session for potential applicants (hosted online)|
|April 26, 2013
||Letter of Intent process closed|
|June 5, 2013||Invitations sent to selected organizations to submit a full grant proposal|
|(Instructions will be provided at that time.)|
|July 2, 2013
Full grant proposals are due
|October 2013||DFW will announce grant recipients for funding|
Letter of Intent Process
Dining for Women requests grant applicants to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) providing organization information and a brief summary of the program to be funded. The LOI process consists of an online form to be completed and submission of supplemental documents: program budget, statement of functional expenses and organizational structure (Excel template provided in instructions), most recent 990 filing, other financial information as required, and the IRS 501(c)(3) Determination Letter. Supplemental documents are to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letter of Intent Information Session: This 56 minute webinar is an overview of the DFW Letter of Intent process that was presented on April 9, 2013. Click here to access the recorded webinar.
- All information must be in English and financial data in U.S. dollars.
- All online Letters of Intent and supplemental documents are to be submitted by April 26, 2013.
- If there are any questions or difficulties in completing the online form, please email us at email@example.com.
- All communication emails from DFW will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure these messages are delivered to the correct inbox, please update your address book or contact list with this DFW email address.
Important Grant Approval and Evaluation Information
- All application criteria MUST be met to be considered for a grant. See Apply for a Grant.
- Grant requests should range between $35,000 - $45,000.
- Applicants may request fund distribution over a two-year period. The final grant funds will be distributed on the one-year anniversary date of the original disbursal. Note: Organizations with yearly budgets of less than US $100,000 should request fund distribution over a two-year period.
- Approved organizations are required to provide Interim Progress Reports at six-month intervals until all funding has been expended, at which time a detailed Program Completion report is due.
- A grant from Dining for Women does not indicate an agreement to fund again in the future.
Example of funding schedule:
|Featured Month 2014||Funds Disbursed to Grantee||2 Year Grant:Remaining Fund Disbursal|
||July 2014||July 2015|
||August 2014||August 2015|
||September 2014||September 2015|
|June 2014||October 2014||October 2015|